TN sanctions Rs 600 cr for 6 Medical Colleges

Patricia Alphonso Nov 15, 2019 0

The Government of Tamil Nadu has identified locations to set up six new medical colleges in six districts of the state. The state government has released Rs. 600 crore for commencing the construction work. Each medical college has been sanctioned Rs. 100 crore for the construction.

According to the government order, land has been identified and transferred for establishing the new medical colleges in Dindigul, Namakkal, Ramanathapuram, Virudhunagar, the Nilgiris and Tiruppur districts.

On October 2019, the centre sanctioned Rs. 1950 crore to Tamil Nadu under a centrally sponsored scheme. As per estimates, each college will require Rs 325 crore for construction, out of which the state government’s share would be 40 percent, while the remaining 60 percent will be borne by the Centre.

A total of 150 seats in each medical college will be offered that would push the total seats available in the state to 4,150 seats.

Biltrax Construction Data is tracking this project on their technology platform for their Clients.

Visit or email us at to become a subscriber and generate new leads.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.